Arugula Salad with Roasted Plums and Shaved Pecorino Romano
Prep TIme: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
Key tip: roast the fruit quickly and under high heat. If they spend too long in the oven, they’ll disintegrate, and you’ll be left with fruit puree.
For the Dressing
1 tbsp Emma White Wine Vinegar
1 clove of garlic, peeled and smashed
Salt and Pepper to Taste
3 tbsp Emma Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Salad
2 – 3 underripe plums, right out of the fridge
150ish g package baby arugula
1 Wedge Emma Pecorino Romano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ F
- In a small bowl, add the vinegar, garlic clove, salt and pepper and set aside to infuse.
- In the meantime, wash and dry the plums thoroughly. Cut in half and discard the pits. Toss with a drop of extra virgin olive oil a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place flesh side up on a roasting pan and place on the oven’s top rack for 5 minutes, just to warm up and add a little caramelization to the top. Remove after 5 minutes and set aside.
- Discard the garlic from the vinegar and whisk in the olive oil, then toss with the arugula and slightly cooled plums.
- Arrange nicely on a wide platter, shave over the Pecorino cheese and serve
More Recipes from Emma®
We invite you to try this delicious EMMA® Mac & Cheese recipe. Ingredients 1 pkg of EMMA® Fusilli pasta 1 tbsp EMMA® extra virgin olive oil 6 tbsp EMMA® unsalted butter 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 3 cups whole milk 1 cup heavy whipping cream 4 cups EMMA® Asiago...
Prep TIme: 5 minutesCook time: 5 minutesThe dressing can be served warm or at room temperature. Either way, the intense, savoury flavour of the garlic and anchovy stands up nicely against the bitterness of the radicchio. Ingredients 2 tbsp + ¼ cup EMMA Extra Virgin...