We invite you to try this delicious EMMA® Mac & Cheese recipe.
1 pkg of EMMA® Fusilli pasta
1 tbsp EMMA® extra virgin olive oil
6 tbsp EMMA® unsalted butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 cups EMMA® Asiago cheese shredded
2 cups EMMA® Mozzarella cheese shredded
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups Milano® panko crumbs
4 tbsp EMMA® butter melted
1/2 cup EMMA® Grana Padano cheese shredded
1/4 tsp smoked paprika (or regular paprika)
1. Preheat oven 350F. Lightly grease a 4 qt baking dish & set aside.
2. Combine shredded cheeses in a large bowl & set aside.
3. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain & place in bowl and drizzle pasta with olive oil & stir. Set aside to cool.
4. Melt butter in a deep saucepan.
5. Whisk in flour over medium heat for about 1 min.
6. Gradually whisk in the milk & heavy cream until nice and smooth. Continue whisking until you see bubbles. Continue whisking on low for another 2 mins. Whisk in salt and pepper.
7. Gradually add cheese & whisk until creamy & smooth. Sauce should be nice and thick.
8. Stir in the cooled pasta until combined fully coated with the cheese sauce.
9. Pour half of the mac & cheese into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining 2 cups of shredded cheese and then the remaining mac & cheese.
10. In a bowl, combine panko crumbs, Grana Padano cheese, melted butter & paprika. Sprinkle over the top and bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!