Sugo is Italian for tomato sauce… and it’s not meant for just pasta. Starting off with the ingredients cold pot allows for the garlic to slowly steep into the oil without going bitter and it reduces the risk of oil splattering related injuries (read: very hangover friendly). Serve with a huge piece of crusty bread.
3 tbsp EMMA Extra Virgin Olive
2-3 Garlic Cloves, Peeled and Smashed
720 mL EMMA Passata
q.b. Salt and Pepper
q.b. more EMMA olive oil
q.b. Red Chili Flakes
q.b. EMMA Parmigiano Reggiano, Grated
- Add olive oil and garlic to the bottom of a cold, deep frying pan and turn on the heat, allowing the ingredients to slowly come to temperature. Saute until the garlic is golden brown and discard, keeping the oil.
- Next, add the passata to the oil and bring it to simmer, covered, for about 25 minutes on medium to low heat. Wait until the sauce is cooked before seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs one at a time into a separate bowl or ramekin before gently placing in the sauce.
- Lower the heat and let the eggs poach for about 5-8 minutes, covered.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, red pepper flakes, basil, and a light snowfall of Parmigiano
- Toast some bread for dipping and drizzle oil, salt and pepper on that too.
- Serve family style or in individual oven proof bowls.
More Recipes from Emma®
We invite you to try this delicious EMMA® Mac & Cheese recipe. Ingredients 1 pkg of EMMA® Fusilli pasta 1 tbsp EMMA® extra virgin olive oil 6 tbsp EMMA® unsalted butter 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 3 cups whole milk 1 cup heavy whipping cream 4 cups EMMA® Asiago...
Prep TIme: 5 minutesCook time: 5 minutesThe dressing can be served warm or at room temperature. Either way, the intense, savoury flavour of the garlic and anchovy stands up nicely against the bitterness of the radicchio. Ingredients 2 tbsp + ¼ cup EMMA Extra Virgin...