Strawberry Rhubarb Tiramisu
Prep TIme: 30 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours
An iconic Italian dessert with plenty of room adaptation! As long as you follow some general guidelines and use real Mascarpone cheese (no whipped cream here!), the varieties are endless.
1 lb Rhubarb, chopped
1 lb Strawberries, chopped
½ cup (plus extra) + ¼ cup Granulated sugar
A few dashes, Fruity liqueur, such as Chambord, Grand Marnier, St Germain etc.
6 large eggs, separated
2 cups Fruity tea, brewed at double strength and cooled
1 tub Emma Mascarpone, room temperature
1 package Emma Savoiardi cookies
- Preheat oven to 400 ̊F.
- Toss the rhubarb and the strawberries with the half cup of sugar and spread on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake on the top rack until caramelized, approx. 15 minutes. Taste the rhubarb and add more sugar if it’s not sweet enough. When it’s cooked, set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, add the 6 egg yolks and quarter cup of sugar and a dash of the liqueur. Beat on high speed until it doubles in size and takes on a glossy, ivory colour. Stream in 2 tablespoons of the cold tea and add the mascarpone in small batches to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, gently fold into Mascarpone mixture.
- Add a few dashes of the liqueur into the tea, pour into a shallow bowl.
- Set up an assembly like to build the Tiramisu: In a large 9×13 in baking dish, lightly dip the Savoiardi in the tea, and place it in dish. Repeat until the bottom of the baking dish has a flat layer of moistened cookies. Them, pour half the mascarpone mixture over the cookies and spread into an even layer. Then, spread a layer of half the strawberry rhubarb mixture over the mascarpone (don’t worry about making it pretty, it will be covered).
- Repeat the moistened cookie layer again, then a layer of the rest of the mascarpone mixture and then with the remainder of the strawberry rhubarb, artfully spoon it over the surface of the tiramisu.
- Chill in the fridge for minimum 2 hours and serve!
More Recipes from Emma®
We invite you to try this delicious EMMA® Mac & Cheese recipe. Ingredients 1 pkg of EMMA® Fusilli pasta 1 tbsp EMMA® extra virgin olive oil 6 tbsp EMMA® unsalted butter 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 3 cups whole milk 1 cup heavy whipping cream 4 cups EMMA® Asiago...
Prep TIme: 5 minutesCook time: 5 minutesThe dressing can be served warm or at room temperature. Either way, the intense, savoury flavour of the garlic and anchovy stands up nicely against the bitterness of the radicchio. Ingredients 2 tbsp + ¼ cup EMMA Extra Virgin...