Salmon and Avocado Tartar
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Chill Time: 15 minutes
Freezing the salmon for half an hour will firm it up a little to make dicing the fish a lot easier.
10 oz Sushi-Grade Salmon Fillet, skin-less
1/2 cup English Cucumber, finely diced
1 Avocado, not quite ripe
1 + 3 tbsp EMMA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1+ 3 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper, to taste
More EMMA Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
Sesame seeds for garnish
Potato chips or crackers for serving
- Rinse the salmon fillet under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Place it on a dish and then in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime: Core, peel, and dice the avocado.
- Toss the diced avocado with 1 tbsp of olive oil and lemon juice with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place a 4-inch ring mold on a cold dish and pack the avocado into the bottom.
- Dice the salmon into small, 1 cm, pieces and toss with the diced cucumber, 3 tbsp lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes, or until the salmon begins to turn opaque.
- Toss with the remaining olive oil, taste to check the seasoning, and then pack the salmon into the ring mold over the avocado. Top with sesame seeds.
- Chill for a minimum of 15 minutes before serving. Can be made maximum 6 hours ahead.
- To serve, place a handful of chips around the tartar, and gently lift the ring to reveal.
More Recipes from Emma®
We invite you to try this delicious EMMA® Mac & Cheese recipe. Ingredients 1 pkg of EMMA® Fusilli pasta 1 tbsp EMMA® extra virgin olive oil 6 tbsp EMMA® unsalted butter 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 3 cups whole milk 1 cup heavy whipping cream 4 cups EMMA® Asiago...
Prep TIme: 5 minutesCook time: 5 minutesThe dressing can be served warm or at room temperature. Either way, the intense, savoury flavour of the garlic and anchovy stands up nicely against the bitterness of the radicchio. Ingredients 2 tbsp + ¼ cup EMMA Extra Virgin...