Prep TIme: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
This is another one of those dishes that is deceptive in its beauty, in which it looks complicated but it’s really not. The vegetables do all the work themselves – they’re already pretty and delicious, especially when in season.
3 + 3 tablespoons Emma Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 jar Emma Passata
1 large Zucchini
1 large Summer Squash
2 Japanese eggplants (or smaller Sicilian eggplants)
1 Red onion
2 Red Bell Peppers
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 ̊F.
- In a medium roasting pan, add the olive oil and the minced garlic and place in a hot oven to heat the pan and brown the garlic, about 10 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven and add the passata, season to taste and stir. Return it to the oven to cook, for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, slice the vegetables with a mandolin and transfer to a large bowl. Season everything with the remaining olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, toss together to coat evenly.
- Take the pan out of the oven and set it on your work surface to cool slightly.
- Carefully arrange the vegetables on top of each other in the baking dish, to form a pattern, keep repeating the pattern in a spiral formation until the passata mixture is covered.
- Bake the ratatouille until the vegetables are golden brown and cooked through, approx. 20 more minutes.
- This dish is can be served hot or at room temperature.
More Recipes from Emma®
We invite you to try this delicious EMMA® Mac & Cheese recipe. Ingredients 1 pkg of EMMA® Fusilli pasta 1 tbsp EMMA® extra virgin olive oil 6 tbsp EMMA® unsalted butter 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 3 cups whole milk 1 cup heavy whipping cream 4 cups EMMA® Asiago...
Prep TIme: 5 minutesCook time: 5 minutesThe dressing can be served warm or at room temperature. Either way, the intense, savoury flavour of the garlic and anchovy stands up nicely against the bitterness of the radicchio. Ingredients 2 tbsp + ¼ cup EMMA Extra Virgin...