Gnocchi with Gorgonzola, Pear, and Toasted Walnuts
Prep TIme: 30 Minutes
Cook TIme: 5 Minutes
1 cup Walnuts, shelled and halved
1 Bosc Pear, peeled and diced
1 package Emma Traditional Gnocchi
1 cup Heavy Cream
2 tbsp Butter, cubed
150 g Gorgonzola Cheese
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Spread the walnuts on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, until their smell permeates your home. Set them aside to cool.
- Peel and dice the pear into 1 cm cubes. Set aside.
- In a medium pot of salted water, boil the gnocchi according to packaging instructions. Reserve half a a cup of the starchy water before you drain.
- Toss the gnocchi back into the drained pot add the butter and the heavy cream. Turn the heat on medium and let the cream reduce, if it reduces too much add a dash of pasta water. Turn off the heat.
- Nugget the cheese into the pot and let the residual heat melt it into the gnocchi. Stir in the pear.
- Serve with a sprinkling of walnuts over top.
More Recipes from Emma®
We invite you to try this delicious EMMA® Mac & Cheese recipe. Ingredients 1 pkg of EMMA® Fusilli pasta 1 tbsp EMMA® extra virgin olive oil 6 tbsp EMMA® unsalted butter 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 3 cups whole milk 1 cup heavy whipping cream 4 cups EMMA® Asiago...
Prep TIme: 5 minutesCook time: 5 minutesThe dressing can be served warm or at room temperature. Either way, the intense, savoury flavour of the garlic and anchovy stands up nicely against the bitterness of the radicchio. Ingredients 2 tbsp + ¼ cup EMMA Extra Virgin...