Creamy Lemony Shrimp Risotto
Prep TIme: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Risotto should be served al dente with a texture that is almost gloopy – not dense and packed together, and not fully liquid either. The best way to find that sweet spot is to constantly be tasting the doneness of the grain. A scoop of Mascarpone cheese lends such a decadence to this otherwise delicate dish.
1 lb Shrimp (16-20), shells removed and set aside
2 celery stalks
1 white onion
2-3 tbsp Emma Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup Emma Arborio Rice
¼ cup Dry White Wine
3 tbsp Emma Mascarpone Cheese
1 Lemon, zested and juiced
Salt + Pepper
Chives, for garnish
- Peel and devein the shrimp, adding the shells to a small stockpot and setting the shrimp aside. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, blend 1 celery stalk and half the onion together with a few tablespoons of water to form a paste. Keep the other celery stalk and onion whole place it in the stockpot with the shrimp shells.
- Fill the stock pot with water and set on a gentle simmer, this will be used as the stock for the risotto.
- In a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil on medium high heat and cook the shrimp until pink and firm, approx. 5 minutes. Set the shrimp aside. In the same pan, sweat the celery and onion mixture on medium heat until translucent, approximately 5-7 minutes, don’t forget to season with salt and pepper.
- Add the rice, and toss until well coated in the oily, shrimp-y, vegetable-y mixture. Then add the wine and stir until the wine has reduced to a syrup.
- Lower the heat to medium low, and add a half cup of the stock and stir until absorbed into the rice. Continue this process until the rice is cooked on the outside with a small bite of resistance in the center, it will take approximately 20 minutes.
- When the rice is al dente, remove from the heat and add ¼ cup of the hot stock, the lemon juice, and the mascarpone, stirring vigorously for 60 seconds to achieve a smooth creamy, yet fluid texture.
- Gently stir in the lemon zest and serve in a shallow bowl. Finish with the warmed shrimp, a drizzle of olive oil and chopped chives.
More Recipes from Emma®
We invite you to try this delicious EMMA® Mac & Cheese recipe. Ingredients 1 pkg of EMMA® Fusilli pasta 1 tbsp EMMA® extra virgin olive oil 6 tbsp EMMA® unsalted butter 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 3 cups whole milk 1 cup heavy whipping cream 4 cups EMMA® Asiago...
Prep TIme: 5 minutesCook time: 5 minutesThe dressing can be served warm or at room temperature. Either way, the intense, savoury flavour of the garlic and anchovy stands up nicely against the bitterness of the radicchio. Ingredients 2 tbsp + ¼ cup EMMA Extra Virgin...