Burrata, Prosciutto and Vegetable Flatbread
Prep TIme: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Think of flatbread as an elaborate crostini. The options for toppings are endless, and that’s why it’s hard to pin down an exact recipe. This is your opportunity to let your creativity run wild, just keep the following guidelines in mind.
When cooking a flatbread at home, it is important to ensure the crust is cooked before you add the toppings. You’re looking for a glossy golden-brown colour and crisp but pillowy texture. This is best achieved with a high oven temp and copious amounts of extra virgin olive oil.
Since the majority of the toppings featured are raw, choose the freshest organic produce you can find. And use the highest quality cheeses and deli meats available.
A simple dish requires the best quality ingredients, because mediocrity has nowhere to hide.
650 g Pizza Dough
Several Tablespoons, Emma Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Seasonal Vegetables, like Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes
Approx 150 g, Sliced Prosciutto
300g Burrata Cheese
- Preheat oven to 500 ̊F.
- Stretch out the dough to fit a half sheet pan. Ensure the dough is stretched before settling into the pan. It’s important to stretch the dough first, before adding any olive oil. If you were to stretch the dough over an oiled pan, it would take you twice as long to reach your desired size, as the oily surface would provide too much lubrication.
- When the dough is stretched, pour a generous amount of olive oil on the top of the dough to coat the entire surface. Flip the dough and repeat on the other side.
- Dock the dough with a fork, creating tiny holes all over the surface.
- Bake in a hot oven for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and glossy. Check regularly to ensure the dough is cooking evenly. If any large air bubbles form, prick it quickly with a fork.
- When the crust is cooked, immediately season with salt.
- Let the crust cool slightly before adding toppings. Ensure toppings are shaved thin enough to be evenly draped over the flatbread. Add the cheese last then finish with one more drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
More Recipes from Emma®
We invite you to try this delicious EMMA® Mac & Cheese recipe. Ingredients 1 pkg of EMMA® Fusilli pasta 1 tbsp EMMA® extra virgin olive oil 6 tbsp EMMA® unsalted butter 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 3 cups whole milk 1 cup heavy whipping cream 4 cups EMMA® Asiago...
Prep TIme: 5 minutesCook time: 5 minutesThe dressing can be served warm or at room temperature. Either way, the intense, savoury flavour of the garlic and anchovy stands up nicely against the bitterness of the radicchio. Ingredients 2 tbsp + ¼ cup EMMA Extra Virgin...